Radicofani to Acquapendente 9/9/17

9/9/17 Saturday
Day 37

Radicofani- Acquapendente 24 km


The night was disturbed by drummers, sore feet, snorers and sleep-talkers.
Up 0600. The 'magnificent' views obscured by mist so thick the path's surface was difficult to navigate.
There's one bar at the junction to Acquapendente where our group of pilgrims have a leisurely and jovial breakfast together.
Feet feel fine, music on.
Pass a group of houses where I play with a little dog who then follows me some distance. I have to re-trace my steps to return him. Then I take a wrong turn along an over-grown path alongside a riverbed. Wasted time and effort as I re-trace my steps. Bad pain in my leg.
Not feeling fine, music off.
Now I hit the Via Cassio which is extremely dangerous and as all pilgrims agree, should be avoided at all costs.
At Acquapendente I am rewarded with a restaurant lunch of pasta and wine with Giancarlo and another new Italian friend.

4 Breakfast
10 Pasta and wine lunch
10 Accommodation San Rocco
8 A lonely very-average Falafel dinner dripping from a soaked paper bag (“Did you have a lovely pilgrim dinner too?”)
6 Supplies





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rome 19/9/17

Welcome to Left then Right: Via Francigena pilgrimage in Italy. Buon Cammino.