Welcome to Left then Right: Via Francigena pilgrimage in Italy. Buon Cammino.

This is about a long walk I took to celebrate the exquisite perfection of being alive.

 I have written a simple account of my walk from Switzerland to Rome on the Via Francigena pilgrimage which I traversed July-September 2017.
Rather than being a travel blog, it instead describes my feelings and encounters along the way.
‘Left then Right’ may be interpreted as ‘Wrong ‘(way) before ‘Right’ (way) as was the typical course I took due to my directional-dyslexia disorder.
Or it may be interpreted as purely putting the Left foot ahead of the Right foot, step by step.
Both of these could be considered accurate of my trajectory along the 1100 km which culminated in my arrival in Rome.
Walking is the most mindful, often painful, but definitely meaningful, activity I can think of to align body, mind and spirit with the universal forces of humanity and divinity.
Buon Cammino

Laura. T. Rust



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rome 19/9/17