Campagnano to La Storta 17/9/17

17/9/18 Sunday
Day 44

Campagnano- La Storta 22 km

Sun, clouds, 23 deg

Slept until 0745!
Breakfast slowly on coffee and toast.
Stride on today but sadly, in the wrong direction; I blame Cicerone.

Again.

Retrace steps.

Again.

I follow peaceful tracks on good surfaces with few cars. The route is marked with 'Stations of the Cross' and leads me to Santuario della Madonna del Sorbo where I visit the church.

Tidy, fenced properties, few dogs, little rubbish. Music on.
Solitude.
I have faith, no need for religion.

New blister. Pass through two parks with strolling tourists.

Pass through Formello- how restorative it is to see painted houses with patio chairs, potted plants, decorative signs and shields and encounter friendliness. Even the many cats I meet are inquisitive and convivial with me and with each other.
Lanes and wooded paths continue.

With some erroneous navigation (again), I meet up with Camp Leader Denmark who has organised accommodation for the night.

Oh, how I dine in a thriving restaurant with my Danish friend this night on pizza, salad and a half-litre of wine!

10 Accommodation
20 Dinner






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rome 19/9/17

Welcome to Left then Right: Via Francigena pilgrimage in Italy. Buon Cammino.