Siena to Ponte d'Arbia 5/9/17

5/9/17 Tuesday
Day 33

Siena- Ponte d'Arbia 26 km

Very warm, very blue skies

Blissful to arrive early at a refuge and to find the door open. There is a choice of rooms with white tiles, beamed ceilings, shuttered windows; outside my room a deciduous tree provides a vista. Later I am joined by an Italian pilgrim called Giuseppe.

Glorious, easy walk entirely off-road after leaving Siena.
The sun rose touching villages with her warmth.
Walking the crests of Val d'Arbia (missed 'the old barn'?).
Late-blooming sunflowers, ploughed hills, bleached hills. Passed only small hamlets.
Met up with The Elusive Brazilians: Lilian and Alini for a short while.
Walking, I 'lose' myself.
The last stretch is flat and hot. Unwittingly I drop my bag with credencial, journal and headphones but realise and am able to retrieve them.
While languishing in a garden under immense trees, I am invited to dine with a group of lively Italians. Monica cooks spaghetti and fritata, there's plentiful wine.

2 Drinks
3 Dinner by Monica
4 Donation to Monica
10 Accommodation Conte Cresti









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rome 19/9/17

Welcome to Left then Right: Via Francigena pilgrimage in Italy. Buon Cammino.